I recently got a great question as one of the comments to a blog post. The question was… “I’ve often wondered if Satan has access to my thoughts.” Here is an answer for consideration…
No… Satan does not have access to our thoughts… he doesn’t need access to them! Let me explain…
1. He knows what we think because he listens to what we say. “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” All Satan has to do is listen to us and he knows what is in our heart!
2. He knows what we think because he observes what we do. “By their fruits you will know them.” He knows what is in our heart by watching what we do. Since EVERY action is preceded by a thought… actions reveal what our thoughts are!
3. He knows what we think because he’s been studying human behavior of a long time. He has an understanding of how the human heart works that is beyond our own. After all, he’s been observing human being’s conduct and listening to their words for thousands of years.
Now here are a few suggestions about how to combat Satan and his temptations.
1. Submit to God… (James 4:7a)
2. Resist the devil and he will flee you… (James 4:7b)
3. Meditate on God and Godly things.
4. Be filled and live in the Spirit.
5. Use Scripture to combat Satan as Jesus did.