Many have been asking about what Jehovah’s Witnesses believe with the death of Prince. Below is a synopsis of what they believe. Their beliefs are not consistent with Biblical Christianity. This is from Christian Apologetics And Research Ministry.
These are the teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society documented from their own writings.
- There is one God in one person, Make Sure of All Things, p. 188.
- There is no Trinity, Let God be True, 2nd Ed., pp. 100-101, Should You Believe in the Trinity? p. 7, Watchtower, 2/1/1960, p. 94, Why Do You Believe in the Trinity?
- The Holy Spirit is a force, not alive, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407
- The Holy Spirit is God’s impersonal active force, The Watchtower, June 1, 1952, p. 24.
- Jehovah’s first creation was his ‘only-begotten Son’ . . . was used by Jehovah in creating all other things,” Aid to Bible Understanding, pp. 390-391.
- Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man, The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307, The New World, 284.
- Jesus was only a perfect man, not God in flesh, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, p. 306.
- Jesus did not rise from the dead in His physical body, Awake! July 22, 1973, p. 4.
- Jesus was raised “not a human creature, but a spirit.” Let God be True, p. 276.
- Jesus was born again, The Watchtower, Nov. 15, 1954, p. 682.
- Jesus did not die on a cross but on a stake, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 89-90.
- Jesus began His invisible rule over the earth in 1914, The Truth Shall Make You Free, p. 300.
- Jesus’ ransom sacrifice did not include Adam.
- “The man Adam is not included in those ransomed. Why not? Because he was a willful sinner, was justly sentenced to death, and died deservedly and God would not reverse his judgment and give Adam life,” Let God be True, p. 119, copyright 1946.
- “There was no hope for Adam or Eve because they willfully chose to disobey God. But what about their offspring, including us?” http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_05.htm
- Their church is the self-proclaimed prophet of God, The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197.
- They claim to be the only channel of God’s truth, The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981, p. 19.
- Only their church members will be saved, The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1979, p. 30.
- Good works are necessary for salvation, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 1, pp. 150, 152.
- The soul ceases to exist after death, Let God be True, pp. 59, 60, 67.
- There is no hell of fire where the wicked are punished, Let God be True, pp. 79, 80.
- Only 144,000 Jehovah’s Witness go to heaven, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 166-167, 361, Let God be True, p. 121.
- Only the 144,000 Jehovah’s Witness are born again. Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, p. 76, Watchtower 11/15/54, p. 681.
- Only the 144,000 may take communion.
- Blood transfusions are a sin, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 72-73.
- The Cross is a pagan symbol and should not be used, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 90-92.
- Salvation is by faith and what you do, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 1, pp. 150, 152.
- It is possible to lose your salvation, Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 358-359.
- The universe is billions of years old, Your will Be Done on Earth, p. 43.
- Each of the 6 creative days of God in Genesis 1, was 7,000 years long. Therefore, Man was created toward the end of 42,000 years of earth’s
preparation, Let God be True, p. 168.
- They also refuse to vote, salute the flag, sing the “Star Spangled Banner,” or celebrate Christmas or birthdays. They are not allowed to serve in the armed forces.
- Satan was entrusted with the obligation and charged with the duty of overseeing the creation of the earth, Children, p. 55.
Their whacko beliefs are only that of a cult. As with most cults their primary doctrine is based on their end times beliefs and Jesus not being God.
Great post brother!
Great article. Clearly identifies the differences in beliefs. I think each one of us has the obligation to be able to discuss and identify the differences in our beliefs. That’s one reason why when a Jehovah’s Witness or 7th Day Adventist rings my bell, I invite them in and witness to them using the true source of information about our God, the BIBLE.