I’ve been reflecting a little about friends and friendship. Here are a few thoughts that can help knowing when people care about you and if you care about others.
- Friends don’t say, “Call me if you need anything.” They call you and help without being asked.
- Friends call and keep check on you on a regular basis. Email, text, and calls are all acceptable.
- Friends will not air your dirty laundry.
- Friends help you clean your dirty laundry.
- Friends defend you when you aren’t present when people malign or question your character.
- Friends will not abandon you when you are wrong or make huge mistakes.
- Friends will pray for you on a regular basis. Sometimes they might tell you they’re praying…
- Friends will stay by your side when everyone else abandons you (Pr 17:17).