The reason for this post is to encourage us to improve in our knowledge of God because the better we know Him, the more peace we have and the better able we are to live our life for His glory (Which is to our benefit). The quiz below is intended to give a baseline… a starting point… to realize our need to grow in our knowledge of God.
2 Peter 1:2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. Make Your Calling and Election Sure 3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. (ESV)
See how you do… (Answers in tomorrow’s post)
1. What are the first five books of the Bible called?
2. Name two books that are wisdom literature in the Bible.
3. Where in Matthew is Jesus’ baptism found (Just the chapter is sufficient.)?
4. Name the men (2) that took Judas’ place as an Apostle.
5. What book is The Sermon on The Mount found (If you know the chapters, you get extra credit!)?
6. Where is the phrase “In the beginning God” found (Book and Chapter)?
7. Where is The Great Commission passage found?
8. Which Apostle denied Jesus three times?
9. Which book in the New Testament recounts the Pentacost event?
10. Quote two Bible passages, with the reference… John 3:16 doesn’t count.
BONUS: Name at least one of God’s promises found in Scripture (Reference preferred).