Mac Davis sang a song back in the 1970s that went… “Oh Lord it’s hard to be humble… when you’re perfect in every way!”
Mark Altrogge writes about seven ways to put on humility…
We must put humility on. This doesn’t mean we fake it, but that we begin to do it, even though it takes effort. Putting on humility isn’t easy. After all, it’s not easy to be humble when we’re as great as we are. But it can be done.
Here are a few suggestions for how to put on humility:
1. Listen to others.
2. Be teachable.
3. Don’t blame others for your sins.
4. Don’t be so sure you’re right all the time.
5. Take an interest in others.
6. Ask for forgiveness; don’t just say I’m sorry.
7. Ask for prayer for areas of weakness and temptation.